Monday, May 11, 2009

Instapundit and it's intellectual dishonesty.

I have decided to monitor Glenn Reynolds because I seem to notice a pattern of intellectual dishonesty.

Take his continual printing of bar charts for federal budget deficits. He prints the current administration in read, and includes future estimates for seven years beyond the current. For previous administration he prints only the last four years.

He does not use share of GDP. which is the most important.

Nor does he consider lags, allowing the reader to ignore that tax receipts are way down dues to a mini-recession that was most likely attributable to the first four tears of the previous administration.

I am going to start monitoring this guy more carefully, I want to get a trend going of his dishonest stunts. I like his blog, read it constantly, but the reverse filter I need to apply gets cumbersome. Perhaps he can change.

No comments: