Sunday, August 23, 2009

I am NYC's technology auditor for MTA

Well, a free virtual technology auditor. As long as the NYC keeps publishing their RFPs and potential contracts, I will evaluate them with respect to equivalent products already in existence.

Already I am updating my list of software companies, WiFi networking companies directly servicing the transit community. I can compare prices and functionality. I am focusing on known solution in private business, like standardized Linux operating systems and software as applied to transit, adaptation of traditional WiFi solutions for transit customers and transit management. I will focus on technology solutions that add low cost computer vision modules, safety detection by visualization, and integrating vision into the netwoks. I can talk about data communications traffic management. New technologies that allow visual guidance of transit vbehicles of existing roads. Commercial display equipment using standard web style communications and display. Integration with consumer cell phones, as in Google transit.

If other technologists helped with their web sites, then we would eliminate much of the overcharging and fraud that currently exists and we should be able to reduce development costs by 30 to 60%. We need labor experts evaluating proposals for fraudulent labor practices.

Transit authorities in local environments need only keep publishing the proposals on-line.

No comments: