Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Robert Hirsch on peak oil

"This problem is truly frightening. This problem is like nothing that I have ever seen in my lifetime, and the more you think about it and the more you look at the numbers, the more uneasy any observer gets. It's so easy to sound alarmist, and I fear that part of what I'm saying may sound alarmist, but there simply is no question that the risks here are beyond anything that any of us have ever dealt with. And the risks to our economies and our civilization are enormous.

Robert was a government analyst on energy issues. EV World has an interesting story about how the government, under both lil Bush and Clinton buried his Peak Oil report.

My take:

Robert is an energy supply analysts, one of the best. But is is not a Silicon Valley investor, and he would not know what, if anything, digital technology could do to solve the energy problem.

No comments: