Monday, July 26, 2010

I should be a TrailerBot salesman

The lowest cost trailerbot is the little electric garden bot that follows you around the garden. It has GPS and DSRC, but so does I, in my hand held. Larger trailer bots around the construction site are hybrid powered, but still can be limited to wireless and GPS.

So, with the hand held, I can guide my trailer bot up snug against a wall, even with no vision system! Just cheap electronics and a great little four wheeled flat bed, self propelled with control by wire. This works great for plastering walls. These utility bots can use hard plastic body, lowering cost and weight.

I class the trailer bot into a separate group based on its driving rules. Trailer bot is always under the control of a human. So, like any other piece of industrial equipment, it really doesn't need vision or collision avoidance.

Prices:

A garden bot can be had for a few hundred. The thing will find its own sopecial recharging outlet. The bots go up in price all the way up to a hundred grand for heavy loaded trailer bots on the highway.

Availability?
E mail me, tell me how many and what size.

Security?
Each CPU is blocked from public roads, using an internal GPS hard wired map. unless its program is checksummed by human hands, periodically.  Thus, these bots can guarantee digital protection from uses as terrorist bombs in public places.

No comments: