Saturday, July 24, 2010

Programming the Autobot, for example

We could easily solve most of the problem with R code, using my 150 Essentials.  That package could handle the graph matching, search finding, feature fusing requirements of the autobot brain, and comes with an SQL embedded sensor storage.  I can also get XML parsers with that menu, so I can take a rule set in XML, displayable to humans, and parse it into a driving rule through the maize of object measurements, all measurements of objects in a 2D finite array. We get closer to the idea of defining the entire measurement grammar with XML, especially the messaging between smart sensors and the Navigator.

We could even crack the stereo vision problem in R.

Most of the Navigation Logic software I have seen assumes finite sized grid squares, mostly distinct objects per grid.    So, starting with my 150 Essentials, which you can cut and paste, off we go to redefine the American transportation grid.

I have actually done this two times in my software career, many software engineers capable of it.  But, a huge jump in the number of transportation planners needed occurs, because the autobots multiply the number of lot_size*frequency settings available to the economy.  The chain gets another bit of precision, the entire job chain goes as NlogN, as the quant size supported drops.  Total channel capacity to the inner cities and metropolitan areas goes up as NlogN, I think.

If Obama wants a short term boost, medium term boost and long term boost to the economy, then he should tell the software engineers to read my blog.  A number of jobs should be coming up very soon.

No comments: