Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brown on the budget

"I want to make one thing clear, and that's another reason I came here: If we don't get the tax extensions, I am not going to sign a budget that is not an all-cuts budget," Brown said.
"And it's going to be turbulent," the governor added. "Because I don't want to be here four years and play games or evasion, and everything just erodes. I think we got to meet the moment of truth now. And it's either the tax extensions and the $12 billion. Or it's $25 billion or as close to that as we're going to get. And if we can't do that, then maybe we don't get a budget."
Brown is going to let nature take its course, and more power to him and more power to California. The last thing we need is a bunch of government dependents pushing and shoving at every corner, like  Davis or the Gubinator.  

No comments: