Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm getting a new computer

My 15 year old computer with Windows 2000 is not up to snuff and crashes when I have to much web, especially Adobe Flash. I need speed to run my data research. I had this on the farm, it has a layer of dirt and grime, the fan doesn't cool well, I lost the cover, and it is a mishmash of old and new disk drives.  My internet connetion is an old 40 year old twisted pair running along the ceiling in the basement, through a worm hole, into the garage and out to the roof edge where it competes in open space with a tree.  One time I shook my keyboard and got half a joint. I have two CD drives and a small floppy which I have never used. Behind the thing is a huge knot of wires, the thing no longer plays video at all, and I can run Pandora for about an hour and it crashes with memory leaks.  Someone put on a Netflix virus that crashes every so often. I put out the word, its gonna be replaced. Probably buy a much better five year old computer for a hundred bucks, technology is cheap.

No comments: