Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Making opera Widgets

I have my system down pat.  I have the three basic files:  config.xml, index.html, and myscript.js. I keep a command prompt open.  I zip those three files into an archive.  Then I switch back to my opera browser and open that resulting zip file.  The Opera will install and let you run the widget. I use whatever text editor I please. Most of the value added goes into the file myscript.js.

As I make little widgets i will post them.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
  <style>
body {
color : green;
border: solid red;
background-color: blue;
  font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 16px;
}

</style>
    <title>Hello World!</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Hello World!</p>
  </body>
Like this simple Hello World. I make this widget visible with and ugly colored background in the style section.

No comments: