Saturday, March 26, 2011

Software Success

My XML/HTML nested database works! I can take any DOM tree from the browser, and place the entire tree in a relational database with nested pointers such that the DOM can be completely recovered and re-assembled from the database. The DOM tree is displayed in table format.


Once in the database, the DOM trees can be partially extracted with SQL, in tree order, any segment, any leaf, extracted with SQL syntax. And otherwise, the DOM can be searched for keywords, names, or partial text using the built in Sqlite database in the browser.
I will get it cleaned up and post the source. But this should have great utility over the web publishing and even software development environment. Anything one can abstract with a few XML tags, one can easily organize in a relational database.

I am going to name my software company: Person in the Basement with a New Computer Software company.

No comments: