Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Was John Taylor at Stanford responsible for the spike in Congresional spending this recession?

Wrong Bush! Whoops! I absolve John at Stanford and blame Mankiw

r

Brad has a point.

We are again looking at three spikes in Congressional spending.  The first was the Wall Street bailout, definitely from  done with Hank Paulson and the hysterical bankers crowd.  I pin that on on Professor Taylor Mankiw.

The second was partly stimulus, and partly a bailout of the teachers union.  But who put Washington DC in the role of wage insurance for the teachers union? NCLB, a Bush/Kennedy/ Taylor fiasco.  I pin a quarter of the second spike on Taylor.  I think Taylor Mankiw did not argue for the general stimulus.

The final and ongoing spike in spending is entirely Obama and the democrats.

My score? Taylor Mankiw and the Republican crew are responsible for only about a third of the spending spikes.

No comments: