Monday, November 7, 2011

Th reluctant programmer!

Egad's, I just wrote three lines of code. I am close to 77 left to test functionality. Don't make me do it.

M4, the fundamental maco language, always a favorite.

M4 is fun, its a great way to try out simple syntax to generate lots of text. I will make the language of G out of the thing.
I am promoting a new operator, the convolve, @. I add it to Typeface Explosion, Imagisofts symbolic grammar. Example:

G1 = @('!<*!>.@(HtlmLookUp)== TEXT.*',BunchesOfHtmlTiles)

In the world of G there are bunches of HTML files stored as G trees of sqlite3 BLOBS. So, this script launched, will strip out the html tags, check if they point to text, and collect the text if so. Well, or one clause away. Anyway, I want a macro language, an assemvly language so I an traverse G strings more elegantly. The macro engine, M4 is very simple, works with any editor, text based, simple rule or two, not much more.

What is the grammar of @? When used as a single argument, @ will take the top ot the Gout stack and convolve it with the single argument. Otherwise it is the same as before. However, Gout is a valid G, hence and ytaversal up G results in a valid descending G, based o nested order grammar. So, what about a poiter ot Gout? Do we have one? I want to do
@($-2,HtlFile)

$ points to Gout, we can index Gout an do some more extensive matches with what was previously collected. With M4, I can play around with testing the Typeface Explosion language, more commonly called TE. I can have called HtlmStripText.

No comments: