Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Loops in the process

Setting up github, and git the source code control. Their access points, command line, GUI, and an instruction set from the GitHub itself. If you work all three set ups simultaneously, you end up with two imcomatible usernames! Loops in the process, complexity engineers create, and simplicity engineers make gazillions removing them.

Anyway, following various instructions, I likely have three projects, two usernames, and three code repositaries, none of the repositories having code! Loops, unemployed complexity engineers create them. Having created this mess, I now likely have the keys, which I never wanted, mixed up, making it impossible to coordinate my local git with github on the web.

Complexity engineering makes marketing managers. Rather than sit in Silicon Valley listening to complexity engineers, I would prefer to market simplicity, and let free competition create it.

OK, so I have now deleted my Github account, I will now delete everything I have done with git, and restart. This is query optimization. Search for the blog posts of hundreds of complexity engineers, then finding the optimum path via an inner join of all their GIT setup instructions. I can do this in byte code mode now.

Murphy's law keeps on going. So on a restart what stuff do I want to keep in my repository on the local machine? Dunno, since git installed some defaults, and I screwed up some usernames, I have no idea how to reverse things. The alternative is to decode the the Typeface Exlposion of Unix commands, to do Git commands then forget them immediately. Or erase the entire contents and reinstall the local git hub. Or just leave it the way it is.

What happens if I screw up again? I am still forced, sooner or later, to go relearn unix typeface, for the umpteenth time. Yes, just uninstall github, let some else worry the issue.

No comments: