Sunday, January 29, 2012

CYGWIN

Great stuff, I have finally become a unix fan.
I managed to get the semantic engine complied and running in the unix envirnoment. It took three hours of unix typeface explosion, reams and reams of instructions. I manged to avoi auto make, but bit the bullet and adopted make. Linux stil has a lot of separating the wheat from chaff problem.

Compiling in cygwin is all about loaction the header files, nested deep with the directory, the finding a CCFLAG -I option that gets me to the headers.  Then, it button the thing up, never open it again, and have a beer as all the linux hyroglifics needs to be erased from my brain.

Anyway, this is a network project, and all we need is a simple linux kernel that can run sqlite3 or some other micro graph layer. There is no way the customer is going to pay Steve Balmer a ton of money just to run 1500 lines of free code on their server platform!

No comments: