Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trouble in IndexDB

IndexDB is the new browser datatbase, replacing Webkit, they think. Webkit was sqlite, complete with B-Tree and rowid indexing, and all the sql query. IndexDB doesn't have B-tree, which is a flexible storage. IndexDB is just name-value pairs, a look up table essentially. IndexDB wont do the job for the user in a complete ontology navigation system, sorry, Houston we have a problem!

The web developers are just barely attacking the problem of BSON storage in an SQL system. They seem a bit slow, yet my common line module, over their on the right, has an incomplete, but beginning basis in storing BSON objects a sequences of triplets.

So when I search Yahoo for: BSON sqlite, I get a bunch of hits for JSON, the text version of BSON, but nothing about BSON and sql, no discussion, nada, except my site shows up. Puzzling, because even absent my ramblings and spaghetti code, one would think the issue has come up, sqlite is very popular with the mobiles, and BSON is all the rage. Maybe everyone is doing it in secret, dunno. Nor do I see the obvious, storing a DOM tree as a nested store in an SQL webkit, that seemed to me to be an obvious, I screwed around doing that over two years ago, yet nothing turns up in the search.  I think the XML folks are in a panic and refusing to go along.

Let me once again put sql sqlite and BSON in that box down there, and see what happens.

By the way, how would a normal programmer respond?  Well, I would take the parse section of my G machine on the right, make that  more independent, and built a simple BSON storage and retrieval from sqlite. Make that a simple utility using my nested store format, and release that as a mini project.  But alas, I am not a normal programmer!

No comments: