Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How is the software going you ask?

In a pause, for the usual reasons, trying to figure out Json's future.  Specifically, will Json ever get a lightweight lambda operator, or are we stuck dragging javascript into the picture at every node?  Json schema, I think has won its place, but  schemas are still just a graphs.  I will likely spend some time incorporating schemas, but absent the lambda, all I can do is make yet another Javascript controlled Json server.   Once the industry works out a Json bot protocol, adding the code is a no brainer.  Adding a lightweight lambda operator makes the bots move. You know, jumping out ahead of the market is a fools errand, I am better off looking at theory.

How do I code a Json schema pattern in C? I go to the php version and do cut and paste, it is a small module. I just adapt the code that does not already exists in my software.  What's missing in my software? Namespace indexing, all those reserved words in Json schema have to come from the indexing system. Which is to say, it is not just a bunch of c code, it is a standard Qson graph with its own name space.

No comments: