Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A lists of us doing things during the GD

Somewhere in the bowels of the NBER is a thing called macro history. It has time divided counts of various activities. How many farm buildings per year, how many permits, how many miles of a whole lot, covering 1915 to 1956. A treasury trove for a data geek.

Also a great place to play confirm my bias. I can tell you this, when the GD hit, we quit building railroads, for good, but kept on building roads at a fast clip.
I have to find that stuff graphed on line, or I will get it for my spreadsheet.

I will get a complete set of things we do, meaning, a set of time divided counts, each count assumed to be partially independent of each other, but complete to the economy.  My confirmed bias report will tell us thing activities that got us out of the GD, and it will be pro road building, anti rail building and most everything else is waiting for on roads. In fact6, I will list negative stimulus, rail by rail that was removed from municipal streets, per year.

No comments: