Friday, October 25, 2013

Heard any bad news lately?

The professors at Michicag want to know:
U.S. consumer sentiment slides in October on government shutdown
"When asked to describe in their own words what they had heard about recent economic developments, the number of consumers that negatively mentioned the federal government in October was the highest in the more than half-century history of the surveys," survey director Richard Curtin said in a statement.
 
I clicked thru to see what the actual survey asked:
A6. During the last few months, have you heard of any favorable or unfavorable
changes in business conditions?
IF NOT CLEAR WHETHER A CHANGE IS FAVORABLE OR
UNFAVORABLE, PROBE: “Would (MENTION CHANGE) be
favorable or unfavorable?” AND NOTE “FAVORABLE” OR
“UNFAVORABLE.”

Ok, have I heard any bad news about the shut down around here?

Actually not, really. The local news had it on page 2 for most of the episode. Is my local paper unusual? Who I am makes a difference. If I am one of the 30 Hoover states, I likely heard more about it. California is a long reverberation away from DCland.

No comments: