Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Stupid or simply crooked?

Meet Sue Klinkhamer.
“I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price.”
“Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”
She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?” …
“And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”

Well, Sue, I dunno. How one could be in DC working on the thing and not figure it out. My feeling is that you and your former Congressman are either idiots or crooks. Either way, the American people have dumped you for good reason, evidently.

No comments: