Friday, December 27, 2013

Sunbelt and entitlements

Census Bureau expects Florida to surpass New York in population
Demographers expect Florida to replace New York as the third most populous state, separated by as little as a few thousand people. The Census Bureau is expected to release its population estimates Monday, the New York Times reported Friday. California and Texas are expected to hold firm as the No. 1 and No. 2 most populous states, respectively. The census figures indicate foreign-born migrants are moving to warm-weather states, like California, Texas and Florida, and New York is losing roughly 50,000 people each year to Florida, most of them retirees.

Which puts our 60 little Hoover Senators in a pickle. Their states pay into social security but Florida reaps the gains. Is this happening more than necessary? We dunno, looking at the effects of entitlements on demographics is forbidden by the thought police at the New York Times.

1 comment:

willian vivian said...

When I thought about the way things have been recently, i owe my thanks to God for letting me find this amazing personality, i mailed Mr. alex roughly 2 months now, I was actually very uncertain about investing, very scared because i was also low on cash.I gave it my all, my first investment of $2,000 two weeks ago brought me $ 29,230 last week, and what intrigues me the most is the way him handles he partners, i recommend him too to my friend jeff, after trading with him, his testimonies have let me come here to attest for him. We are happy to meet a professional in you. I am proud to recommend him to any person who has a passion for trading, meet a good mentor and get good fortunes.Contact this veteran at: totalinvestmentcompany@gmail.com