Saturday, May 24, 2014

Correlation functions of the cosmic background wave distribution

I listened to a lecture by Weinberg on his work regarding cosmic background.  I say to myself, self, isn't this the same thing we are trying with the atom, find the 'box' that makes the wave numbers?

Now I have to spend time reading some of the papers, hopefully avoiding the papers that use the fake variables and the stretching of flat space. Somebody must be working the problem as a finite sample space, after all, there aren't too many wave numbers needed to get an accurate model.

My issue is that I want the curve to correlate with a general spherical distribution of free protons organized in separable groups that approximate a Planks curve with separation of wave numbers proportional to the general separation function of free protons we see in nearby space.  I did,more or less,  I was happy.   But, I will read some of the work anyway, learn something.

No comments: