Thursday, November 13, 2014

How do we split the government pie

Here is the ratio of government spending given to the states. At the end of the Clinton regime, the state and local government had 47% of the spending.  It looks like state and local government now gets 4% less when stabilized.  Golly gee whiz, my ballot had only 2% of space devoted to federal choices, 49 of my choices were what to do with the 44% of the pie California is allocated. 2% devoted to the other 53%, and one of my federal choices was where do we want to keep Feinstein's corpse, DC or here.

Brad Delong thinks the Federal should take more of the pie, and I presume, dilute my puny little vote even more. I suggest we send the salaries of the Berkeley economics departnment to DC  and Brad can figure out what he wants to do using his 2% of the ballot, like the rest of Californians.

Berkeley liberales quieren enviar el dinero de nuestros impuestos a DC bastante y luego nos dejan tenerlo aquí en casa. No tengo idea por qué los Californianos pagamos su sueldo.

No comments: