Friday, November 7, 2014

This seems rather stupid

LA Times: Facing a deadline of Jan. 2 to begin issuing driver’s licenses to Californians in the country illegally, state officials said Friday they will pursue emergency approval of regulations that spell out which documents must be provided to prove identity and state residency.
The Legislature and governor in 2013 approved a new law that requires the state Department of Motor Vehicles to issue a driver’s license, starting in 2015, to anyone who can prove their identity and California residence as well as pass a driving-knowledge and road-skills test.
The public process for approving the documentation has taken months so the normal 180-day timeline for enacting regulations will take too long to meet the Jan. 2 deadline. The state will pursue the normal process but also an emergency process that takes 15 days and goes through the state Office of Administrative Law.

A couple of points.  What kind of documentation do I need to prove I am illegal? Can I register to vote in say, Lithuania, so as to prove my illegality.

Second,  I would have thought that California's secession and formation of the Pacific Federation would have already made us all completely illegal in the eyes of the Swamplanders on the East Coast. My favorite president,  Peña Nieto, is equally forbidden to vote for swamp creatures as me. We are all rebels now.

My favorite president may not be popular in Mexico, but he is still my president and I think Mexicans are nuts for not liking the guy. So Mexico should quit  picking on  the official president of the Pacific Federation and let the guy drive his damn car wherever he wants in California.

No comments: