Thursday, March 26, 2015

How do all those Whythoff players fit inside the electron

I got curious, and went back to my spectral chart where phi^91 = (3/2)^108.  This is the ratio of cold positions and hot positions in the proton (with a 1/3 adjustment likely).

That is a lot of Whythoff players! Each player trying to get to the ground state.

Taking 1836 of the mass of the proton and getting close to (3/2)^89 = phi^75 then I get the electron spectral peak.   That means there are some 5e15 tiny chunks of the vacuum sitting at the cold position in the game.

But I guess it works, they all have the same rotation inside the little ball and thus the games stay separated. I suppose adding a little energy to the electron causes more dimensions of angular momentum. Hence, the number of counters taken from any hot position to reach a cold must be larger.  This must be the higher order perturbations in the Feynman diagram.

I am still going through the Feynman description. But it seem to imply matching of moves so they all remain separated.

No comments: