Sunday, May 24, 2015

Traversing from hyperbolics to yield curve

This part is mainly to clear things up because of the annoying habit of looking at the tanh curve and seeing it is shaped like a yield curve, and that is confusing.

I made a fake yield curve, out of scale, mainly to get the axis and units aligned. I converted hyperbolic angle, x axis,  to term length.  And the curve is not hyperbolic shaped because the hyperbolic angle is inverted and flipped, both.   I used liquidity 1.5 as that seems to be the liquidity for the real curve up to the six year term. But I am still working that.

When liabilities to assets are near one, that is the short end and rates are low.  Loan terms are short, no term premium so rates are low and liabilities high.  So, long term loan, the market carries more assets against the loan, large down payments required. I think I have this.


No comments: