Sunday, April 10, 2016

Re-thinking right to work laws

Looking through the arguments pro and con  in Wiki.  States have the right to restrict employer agreements to limit unions, but that is still power over individual rights.  Business should have the right to enter a variety of employment agreements, including union membership.  The Wisconsin ruling is still an error as it ignores states rights, but the judge makes a point.

But still

I am bugged, the burden of due process is on the state, and workers can appeal.    My membership in a professional organization enhances my knowledge of the trade.  I should get preferential treatment from employers.  My employer should pay my membership dues, and incidental membership activities.  My legal mind is stuck, here we need the pros.

No comments: