Thursday, September 29, 2016

How's the music project coming along you ask?

Two things, I am ghetting myself up to speed on the guitar and I have my open office spreadsheet making and playing chords.  So I have a new macro, a simple thing that generates chords from any tone,semi-tone patter, relative to the starting note.  I am not going much farther, the end goal would be a spreadsheet database of songs that play.  I call my new instrument the spreadsheet  horn, gonna get a job with the New York philharmonic.

Link

Writing score on the spread sheet looks like:
'
C10

1


2


3


4


5
16742.4000000001

q


w


q


w



17737.95






h




h




18792.71


q






q

q
q

19910.18






h




h




21094.10



h






h


q
q
22348.42


















23677.33

w


w


w


w







The numbers on tyhe left being the generated tones, and the letters to tyhe right their melody.  Their are 16 possible beats per measure, but tyhe macro properly counts tyhe quart, half and whole notes.

Status?
The hard part, generating wav files with multi-tonic sin waves works fine, and the wave pattern is preset, and not always be sine.  It allows the standard western 12 halt tones per measure. I try to keep the date accurate on the code release in the link above.

The intent is to  add yhe proper symbol to the score sheey process whenever we need another musical effect.  The wave file is opened, and not closedf until the score is processed.  It is reasonable to  change tones at certain points, so the key symbol will be introduced.  We can also preset the wave form to match a particular instrument.

Another part of the sheet has an array of parameters to initislize the pcm wave file, which is always 16 bit stereo.  Stereo effects can be added.

No comments: