Monday, September 19, 2016

Re-sloping my supply curve

Getting my dangerous tree removed, I know statics, I now the weight, and my friend the tree cutter under bid for the job.  But my friend just does the ground work, and sales, and he is new.  I kept bidding the price up, from $800 to  $1200.  Why? Because it is not the market price for tree cutting, it is the labor price for a skilled tree climber.  I knew I needed the climber here for the day, and I wanted to pay his labor price, his skill is in demand just before fall season.

I am doing the three way deal.  Me and the tree cutter are not ready o male a trwo color partition (he is a tenant of mine). I want his business doing well, and he needs a skilled climber.  The cutter wants to make me happy, he is bidding to buy the property, for his tree cutting business.  So me and him are not two color, and we are both really talking through each other to the climber.

No comments: