Saturday, October 22, 2016

How is the debugger?

Source is centered on the break, text highlighted for breakpoints and current line no.  Track functions calls and block, so we have go into/.  Runs with both python callbacks running, and filters out interruptions outside of the code under test.  Will not run off the end of source, but stops and user can click run to restart at line 1. I am still at 255 lines, and the debugger can debug the debugger.

The text box no longer has to worry source integrity, every thing runs from the source string, external to the text box.  So without further ado, I added line numbers to the source code windows.  and that makes it quite useful, even though I have not tested break points.

I doubt that I would ever write any python complex enough to require a full blown IDE,this  works fine along side an editor.

Latest screen shot, but you have to squint.  The smaller window in the foregound is the debugger. The current line is blue text, breakpoints would be red if set. The current line source, taken from the source string, is  in the status bar to the right of the drop button Not the spource lines up between the debugger and editor, except I use line numbers.  The watch window prints out whatever eval finds, including errors. And squinting we see it prints out the function definition when watching a function.

Everything works, actually, break point halt is disabled now.  I load 500 line files, more than enough. I do not understand the two different trace backs, yet, but they are handled correctly.

No comments: