Sunday, October 30, 2016

How to lose customers immediately on the web

Give them a choice or register or login.

The user gets involved in a nightmare of trying to remember if he ever registered for the site, then he says no, then he registers, then his user name is fouled, then he is lost, and he hits the back button.

Here is a clue.  Have the user keep his identity at home. If he likes something on your site, then do a one shot exchange, if you bot tries to make friends with some strange human using  fill out form? Don't work, the human clicks the back button.

I just back buttoned on WalMart, a great site.  But I got fouled on what my username was, or did I register.  I had just hit click to buy my bike tubes, and their figgen bot takes me on an unpleasant journey.  Google auto fill offered to consummate the deal for me, but that has no verification protocol with the Wal Mart bot.

So, back button on WalMart, and I will always remember, dumbshit WalMart software geeks, just like those stupid Microsoft geeks and heir parental controls in the Xbox.

No comments: