Friday, October 21, 2016

How's the debugger, you ask?

The here is the lab xteps OK.  I changed the run command, it now dumps the entire text box into tyhe python exec function.  From then on the process is controlled by steps and break points.

It is buggy, an experiment still.  It is at 240 lines of code, includes break highlighting, but not centering.    I think I can leave the features there, maybe add code text centering in the window.  I should just fix bugs.  I am still learning about when and where the pythin tracefunctions call back.

Some parts were never planned, like an orderly shut down from one source and reload another.  Normally ctrl c works fine. No classes, I used the original class inheritance protocol, cut and paste.  But class helps when it comes to restarting from fresh without an exit.

The control logic says:
Load a file into the text box. Set break points, then hit run button.  From then user controls using step and break buttons; the GUI operating from inside the python callback.

It has logic errors, bugs.  But easy to fix as I play with it.

No comments: