Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It is boiling down to censorship

How to and reference manuals vs object oriented programming.  The writers of tech documents are very careful to tell you nothing about implementation, they follow strict rules. 

So, the ultimate question may have never been answered, does a text box contain a box of text? Or, are they faking it?


Let us assume that tkinter fakes it, it no longer has the original box of text, but has scrambled them. Already I break the Redneck rules. The redneck assumes that:

" execute the code in the source window", 

really means: 
the block of text you looking at, printed on the screen exactly as eval sees it, a byte array. from the same batch of linear memory.  

I can't say that.  If I say that, hen I will lose face as one hundred rednecks discover I am a liar, each of them mad at me because I misled them and caused them hours of extra work.

Hence I need a simpler method, a simpler box, one that holds an actual array.  That means, I have to write scroll bars call backs.  I will find the right solution, someone has bumped this wall and dropped the text box.

No comments: