Saturday, December 3, 2016

Jury tampering?

HotAir discusses the killer cop in South Carolina. The hold out juror claims: 
“I cannot with good conscience consider a guilty verdict,” the letter said. “I respect the position of my fellow jurors, some of which oppose my position. I expect those who hold opposing views not to change their minds because I see them as good, honest people. Therefore I regret to say we may never reach a unanimous decision.”
However, the person added that while he could not convict Michael Slager, the police officer charged with murder in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott, “my heart does not want to have to tell the Scott family that the man who killed their son, brother, and father is innocent.”

But, the juror knew that he could not convict before being selected, the juror had already tampered.  On what basis can we judge the crime of jury tampering, by motive, by means and opportunity.  It matters not how the perp participated in the crime from the inside or out.  It is still tampering.

South Carolina cops are not too bright, and they could have stuffed this guy into the jury pool.  Who cares, the juror is still apparently executing a crime, and the South Carolina cops, at least one, is likely to be ambushed.  South Carolina cops are not too smart, and should not even think about corruption, they are too stupid to get away with it.

No comments: