Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Wait a minute, ludspeakers vibrate air

BI: Amazon is declining to hand over the audio records transmitted through an Echo device that belongs to a man charged with murder, despite a search warrant from police investigating the case.According to The Information's Tom Dotan and Reed Albergotti, the Echo device in question was owned by James Andrew Bates, a Bentonville, Arkansas, resident charged with first-degree murder earlier this year.A man was found dead in a hot tub at Bates' home last year, and the police believe additional evidence for the case could be found in the Echo device.
I had to quit reading. I understood Echos were loudspeakers, and I do not remember my 1960s loud speaker going to court to report on my where about. 

Am I a Luddite? No, I think we have dumb technology, technology that cannot figure out the difference between vibrating air and spying on people.

No comments: