Thursday, June 14, 2018

The government cost of property rights

Look at me, secessionist, almost pure libertarian; but I am talking about using local government to get the lost kids up to workcamp and earn some cash for a week end. They work off priors and learn a few steps up to renting, get a legitimate credit history. They get off the streets to see something new once in a while, and get cheap access to the tattoo removal artist.

Why would I do that? Because the neighborhood to the left of me is worth saving, and the lost tattooed kids are angry and fouling things up, their dads' gone, mom drugged.

For me, it is a property valuation thing, indirectly using government to enforce rights when a volunteer organization should do this job.  People like me are the spark that causes Communist fires, libertarians who cheat on the edge.  

My excuse is that this is really a cross border militia war which we ignore at our peril.  But that is only slightly better, I still foul the system with fascist government employees. It is like property rights imply the need for  well regulated militia.

No comments: