Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dodging my back tax issue

My loyal readers know I am executing a pension stampede which involves selling two properties while the tax agents are after my ass.

One property was in my name, the other disguised using techniques unrevealed.  I sold the one in my name, and my tax liens were discovered.

The escrow company had to cancel the deal when the IRS liens were discovered. (These are personal liens not attached to the property). The seizure of the check by the IRS should be legal, they should have come by, picked up the check and let the sale go through.

The IRS could not grab the money, the Cal tax agents wanted some, they have no mechanism for a double negotiations with me.  So the sale reversed, the agents get squat, I continue to collect rent and screw the  guv.

Meanwhile, the second property is on the market and I have an offer.  Ther point is, money is less the issue then me avoiding a complex negotiations with two difference agencies, one state and one fed.  If I have the choice, I will delay and kick can.

I got taxed o a capital gain never received, paper only.  Stocks granted and taxed at current prices, but they were never sold for a gain, I suffered a slight loss.  Bad law.

Sacramento and the Swamp cannot mix well.  Neither write good law, given any choice, always choose not to get guv involved if you can avoid it.

The other point is that government is so inefficient that is sometimes just stops, like this case. The two tax agencies were not prepared, they cannot afford a complex negotiations of over a 50k tax bill from 20 years ago.  So government jams up and we are better off. So inefficient it become efficient.  The guv lawyers  in this case likely spent 200 grand.

No comments: