Thursday, October 11, 2018

Relating to reality

This graph algebra.

Consider the clothing store.  The possibilities are large,business_suit,in red green or blue, and in stock.

I have to find a suit. The schema looks like:

Right: size.(red,green,blue).warehouse

My search graph is

large,green, and need it today. :left

I have:  large.green.instock join ize.(red,green,blue).warehouse


How does it decompose

My color is a selection, if they have large thing, check each col  So if we have a match on size then both will descend, do the next Dot requirement. color, a Comma sequence.  Simple rules, this is two dot sequences.

The join can descend the right first. Then in the recursive go around, the left will catch up, or terminate the search. The the right just steps throuigh the color list without recursive calls.  The reantrant capoability lets me cycle through the join in malle steps, decompose the stepping to one step per round.

No comments: