Saturday, December 8, 2018

Going Forth

I remember it from years ago, a sort of calculator language.  Then I forgo about i, being seeded in the procedural.

Now, getting into is is interesting and it is very powerful, and subject to bloat. I couldn't tell the difference between comment, discussion and code in the manuals,  it all looked like a typeface explosion.   It is worse on some of the old document, their comments tip over over the line and look just like code.  Then they have this concise syntax fr talking aout stack state, I thought it was code for a couple of hours.

Gforth is on every linux system, and it can link to standard libraries as needed I hear. Have no verified. If I ge a simple interface, like some implementations claim, then I be connecting up. Xchars is working fine enough, and I just update it as I need to.

The interface between gforth and the linux command bus

It seems that gforth will start up, then load the console loop library. Through the console loop, Gforth has access to the sub system commands include loading the other modules.  The console loop is nothing but a switch on the linux command bus, all communications being theoretical full duplex and peer to peer. I can get this up and running in a day, but I can do that for python also. I dunno, I can do a lot with python. I am not sure, might hold off and search around a few days, working on Xchars.

 Nor I have I ruled out a native scripter, based on something like Golang.

No comments: