Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The price I would pay for Ubuntu 14.0

The OS I use, Ubuntu. I like it, I have version 13.0.  It is broken a bit, I do not care but I would like to upgrade. Should I?

What is my upgrade cost? $10 plus 20 hours, at $20 an hour to undue all the new issues that are introduced.
1) The boot works differently even though my hardware is the same
2) The USB mouse does not work at all, but it did uner 13.0
3) There will be a host of other issues, all of them solved easily with 20 hours of typing bizarre words that have no vowels.

The open software industry needs to do some adding and subtracting.  I pay $10 for a Ubuntu 14.0 CD ROM, then you charge me an additional $200 in self  imposed labor? Get friggen real, charge me the $100 and make sure I do not look up on the web and find one hundred complaints that the boot works weird and mouse/keyboards do not work.  Spend my $100 on testing and fixing for each new release, what say?

No comments: