Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reminding you all how good my recession indicator compares

Mine,  a proxy for gains from specializtion
Robert F. Dieli and Mr. Model


Mr Dieli uses a spread measure and looks for turning points. Dash of Insight plans to examine the variable in more detail.  Mine is pretty damned good in comparison to the best recession indicator in the world, though I need to normalize it over the range.

The difference between me and Mr. Diali is that I worked my indicator solution, right here in the blog, in real time thinking, out loud thinking, unpatentable thinking, real Tourette's  stuff.  I based it upon the natural conclusion of channel theory, look for changes in gains from specialization as the channel changes rank. Bingo, came up the first time. Where is my banana?

Both recession indicators indicate a new down turn, his very slight, mine more pronounced. Let us see.


No comments: