Friday, February 24, 2017

The inequities of economics and my right to bitch

Peter Thiel was thinking about being gov of California until he got laughed at. Now he is pissed, and he is gonna get back at us by investing in the Indian Sandbox, becoming richer.
Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund has made its first investment in an Indian startup, ClearTax, which aims to make it easier to file taxes through the Internet in India. The $2 million funding, shortly after the startup attracted angel money, was notable too for the participation of Sequoia Capital. Founders Fund made the investment through FF Angel, its seed-stage fund. Founder and CEO Archit Gupta has raised a total of $3.3 million in seed funding in a round tht he was oversubscribed. As India increasingly goes digital, ClearTax is on a major expansion spree in India, hiring engineers away from FlipKart and seeking to have 7 million Indian taxpayers on its tax return platform by the end of 2017, up from 3 million by the end of this year.

I don't mind him running off,  I want to sit in my breakfast nook, bitch and spill coffee on my  keyboard.  

I mind something else.  I should still have the right to make the maximum entropy bet on start up funding in Indian tech, I want my smart card. I want my on screen IndianTech icon now, before Peter runs off.  As soon as I heard the news a few weeks ago, I wanted to tap that icon, drop a few bucks into the pit, take a position.

No comments: