Monday, October 17, 2016

All components working



We have the large box on the right showing the current value of CurrentLine.  I simplified, and went to eval() and got the watched variable.  As, now it is a buggy tool for me, but good enough for snippets.  As I use it now and then, I will fix bugs, and post it here.
But, I  am not completely done with name space issues.  The main  issue is the code under test needs its own local and global dictionaries, and Python I am sure the diction built in handles it.

I create two dictionaries, and in each call to either eval() or exec() I give it the dictionary pointers and the code under test always work in its own name space. So, I am just about there.

Who tracks the indent count?

That count has to be maintained in the local dictionary, The intrerpreter would normally keep that as a local running variable, with with re-entrancy, it has to be maintained.  I dunno how yet, will soon find out.

And yes indeed, we lose track of indent count, nor is it in the local dict.  Hmm..., I know the interpreter folks thought of this, a little search ghetds a solution.  I hope the debugger does not track indent counts.

No comments: