Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tennessee teacher discovers Stork Theory is wrong

Here we have a middle school teacher who has heard, from so called scientists, that when society needs kids, the Stork brings them from far away lands.  In California, far away means Detroit and Chicago, where the Kanosians have wrecked the economies.
She then discovers that someone somewhere has to have sex to  make a child.  When the two people making the child remain in the country where they live then language and cultural adaption is much easier.
Federalist: I live in Nashville, Tennessee, a city that prides itself on welcoming a growing immigrant population. For civic leaders, it has become a badge of honor. School officials boast of the number of native languages represented in local schools, seemingly pleased to be part of a new era that leaves behind the boring monolingual days of the past.
Like immigration advocates across the country, many in town echo the refrain that we’ll become a greater nation as we become even more diverse, with only the fearful posing a threat to progress. 
I don’t consider myself a person paralyzed by fear. As someone who has taught English language learners in public schools for more than 10 years, I enjoy working with those from other countries. It can be exciting and rewarding. I’ve learned a lot from my students. Even when the challenges become exhausting, at least I can say there is rarely a dull day.
But over the past few years, I’ve found myself asking this: how much immigration diversity is too much? Is it even possible to ask this question anymore without the risk of getting called a xenophobe?

No comments: