Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ron Paul wins something

WA Times: Sen. Rand Paul won The Washington Times/CPAC presidential preference straw poll for the third time in a row while Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker surged to second place, as they trounced the rest of a strong but crowded field of potential candidates Saturday.
Sen. Ted Cruz slipped to third place, down a rung from his showing last year, with retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson in fourth and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush fifth.
The more than 3,000 conservative activists who voted at this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference also showed commanding support for legalizing marijuana, with a strong plurality of 41 percent saying it should be legal for recreational use, and another 26 percent saying Americans should be able to at least use it for medicinal purposes with permission of a doctor.

Rand is OK, no more nutty on banking than most economists.  I mean, both the Fed, Congress and the Keynesians are all banking cheaters.

Rand is not a big stater from California, Texas or Yawkersville. But I wish he were governor, not Senator.

I also like Patty Murray for the job, by the way.  Anyone who attempts to shoot straight and blurt out the truth is my candidate.

Rick Perry and Jerry Brown are great in their home state; and they might learn that big states are qualitively different from being Little Hoovers. But if Jerry left California then the place is bankrupt in two weeks. But I am going to say, OK to Rick Perry.

Hillary of Yawk scares me, too much like an LBJ liberal and delusional as hell.

Where is Mitch Daniels? Rick Scott?

Go through the Dem governor list, there are some picks there I could vote for.

Then there is the mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti, he is on top of my list.  Being mayor of LA makes you qualified for any management position. He is actually my first choice.

Jeb might just figure it out, I am not counting on it.

No comments: