Friday, October 26, 2018

Integrated development environments

IDE they are called, the one I use is Virtual c, a teaching tool but is syntactically correct with c and works fine,

I tried QT Builder, too slow and they wanted me to learn about kits,  Virtual c doesn't need kits.
I tried Code Blocks, except their screen had about a hundred buttons, including one for Fortran! Way too busy with all those buttons. It has some bugs.

Everyone wants to invent something new in their IDE and I would have to go search the web to learn about someone's wet dream.

C is simple, Virtual c is simple, the compiler is called simple c.  When I want to create a project I just save the current set up as a project. Virtual C doesn't have bizarre project wizards needed to manage a bunch of file directories.

The IDEs become complicated because software geeks add a lot of complexity to the file layout and paths, none of which help in compiling or development.  I find that in development, just put your include files right in with the source. Why screw around with a complex file layouts?

No comments: