Sunday, December 29, 2019

I am a preindustrial fossil fuel user

In this pedestrian neighborhood.

If we call housing neutral,  housing being around long before industry.  Then judge me by my person use, relative to the main room i hang in. I use an uber drive for about 60 mils  year. My room is period an shaded to eliminate air conditioning needs. I use at most two light bulbs for short periods, an one almost always. I use natural gas for cooking, which otherwise would be flared. Then there is this computer.

This is personal, my liability. Am I willing to suffer the 80 hours of extra hot hours I suffer yearly?  In current prices it is out $800 dollars a year, each way. If I add retail cost of a simple solar outfit for this computer, I could easily see that industrial man owes me $400/year.  Other may pay high pries at the factory, and my calculation may not be complete.  But tort will force an equilibrium.

How does efficient tort work?
Damages are weighted by measurement uncertainty. It gets hotter to notice around here, and the measurements back me up. So my payout is obvious, the judge reaches an equilibrium, it is sandbox all over again. In he bargain we agreed on the existing 1.5 deg F rise, I will take it for $400 and a stop.

The relative pricing should not change. As the temps rise, abusers become more of a minority, the problem extinguishes in a collapse, probably closer to 2 degrees than my acceptable 1.5. Scientific certainty rises with temp. And, as things get hotter, toort rulings begin to set standards, energy measurement become lucrative. For a lot of folks in Canada, paying me my 1200 tort gains is worth the use of fossil fuel. They see a side effect, sightly warmer winters.


Property value in Florida

Depends on energy use.  If I lived in a traditional house, consumed a similar room, on net, my life is ruined in Florida at 2 2.5 deg rise. There is no sin in living pre-indusrial in Florida under pre industrial lifestyle. And if the polluters have a willingness to pay, like the utility of fossil ustifies  for them , the my property losses are mostly compensated, under efficient tort. Nash and Coase together again, we have a trading pit and it selects global temperature, a thermostat, just like Uncle Milt talked about.

No comments: