Sunday, November 25, 2018

Firefox bug

The Mozilla browser, Firefox, has a bug.  One window loading will slow the other window loading.  I performed the flooing experiment:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

Ther I set up a local ping to that local serer:


ping 127.0.0.1
Works fine. Access time less than a millisec as we would expect with local access.  I add the following to firefox address space:
http://localhost:8080/

Access works fine, fast no problem.

Then I open a new Firefox tab, access a website and Firefox is slow as usual, almost a minute to load.  But the first tab, the local access also slows when the other tab is slow!  Yet ping keeps with on trucking fast to the local server.

Why would one firefox open tab slow another open tag but not ping?  Clearly a bug in firefox, (plus a lot of bugs with Comcast, my provider).

Chrome loaded onto fedora, with the usual trial and error.  My main problem is that chrome will not run in root mode, too dangerous.

However, I have heard complaints about chrome becoming slow, for some reason.  So far it works on fedora much better than firefox.



No comments: