Friday, November 2, 2018

I got DLLs working

As in, load an attachment for join at run time, not at load time.

Took me a few hours to read the complicated instruction, but I eventually got it down to two basic conditions, declaring for export and load library function at run time.  I used CutnPaste from some the examples.

So I have a LoadAttachment function up and running, and it can be invoked from the command shell.  That completes all the connections I need, the system will not grow anymore, leaving all the spaghetti to the attachments.  I also now have a complete system able to test all the functions users will want.

The big news is I don't worry about cross platform, the load library has an equivalent in every OS. Someone else can put in configurations for all the different operating environments, letting me stick to the lab. Also, I do not need a system upgrade, gcc is working fine with its debugger and Notepad++.  I am not looking fopr IDE anymore, they have become bloated. I cannot use Virtual C IDE as I have already passed its capabilities.


No comments: