Friday, December 21, 2018

Error handing in Default

I got it. It was a necessity since I know which run time units likely will fail. So it is easy to the various units to set a safe return from error.

This means the system does not crash when Default scripts have errors.  The cot was 20 lines, or half the fifty I saved. Worth it, makes it stable.

The error handler is really console wide, and a necessity, all console command loops have them.  In the lab I never bothered. But I see how much more robust console loop is.

Looking at Xchars

Going over some of the xcb snippets I collected from the pros, and looking at Xchars. We need a string machine fr Xchars, not a windows manager.  Open a screen and you can divide th screen into rectangles, on font resolution.  hen we have the simple X,Y parameter space identifies a string uniquely.  The industry adds better fonts, borders and the rest, but we need a string handler for Xchars. Maybe we need a power module for strings,a loadable that does strings in various groups, in a persistent base.

I digress, I am think of hooking my xchars package back, a lladable, even before I am done with Default debug. Already, I am thinkling of ditching Default a bit, just finish the expression testing.

No comments: