Saturday, December 29, 2018

The wonders of the Bus

I have new xchars up on console loop, I can make screens.

But i can also write a small test program, with a universal interface, load it and it can run and pound on xchars, allowing me to use the c compiler to generate text and windows on my xchars screen.  The process so simple that it defers the near term use of Default.

I exposed tokenizer to the Bus:
Tokenize(argc,args);
The first arg is the sting to tokenize. The tokens laid out immediately following on args list allowing the caller to immediately call another subsystem.

args[0]= "Tokenize";
args[1] = "PutStr rect \" Hello World \" ";
ExecCommand(argc,argv); 

I can compile that in c, part of a small loadable for testing xchars. The real fast character graphics will always work with the tokens, never resorting to string.  The args list can be recast as integer, simple enough.  A great shared memory model.

Error recovery is a no brainer. Exec Command sets the long jump, and on error return it need only restore argc c to the  the error and get a replacement statement. All of the console built ins work on args list, maintain its proper state.

No comments: