Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Social distancing at the corner market

I go in with my own bag, avoid others and fill my bag and show it to my shopkeeper on the way out. He enters the total into a spiral bound, paper block chain at some time later. Once in a while I throw three hundred at him, he has gloves. The only changed I see are the gloves, mainly because masks are short.

The handful of cases seen so fart seem to be of known origin, from outside.  If we are hit severely it will be the homeless and squatters crammed into houses this spring. That would be in the next two weeks, this bears monitoring my hometown is one valley away from the west coast. We make a very good median situation and would expect a second, larger wave; a rebound as it disperses among the congested poor.

No comments: